Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Life Lesson


Next is a real life story, shared by a Heritage Maker. Read to the bottom for a solution.


Don't delay . . . scan those precious pictures (like this one)!

I wanted to share a story that just happened to me today. I have to share itnow while it is still fresh on my mind. I got a scanner yesterday (from my Heritage co-consultant) and had invited a friend to come over and scan her pictures, so I set up the scanner in my downstairs kitchen. There's a nice big counter top and so I thought this would be a great place to set her up while I cooked dinner upstairs.


When she was finished scanning and had left, I couldn't decide whether to finish my own scanning or to wait until today.

I was tired and almost decided to just go to bed and read for a while even though it was only eight. But then I thought to myself, "I never know what tomorrow might bring, maybe I won't have time to get to them. Maybe I'll be even more tired tomorrow night.

Just get them done, it's only one box."

So I sat down, got them all scanned and then cleaned up and took the scanner back to Traci.


Today I got home from work and went to the basement to get some hamburger from the freezer for dinner. Just as I got to the bottom of the stairs I heard water dripping onto the counter in my downstairs kitchen.


There sat my box of photos, water dripping into them and they were soaked. The whole box was ruined.

My ceilings were full of water. The water had gotten in between the drywall and the paint forming what looked like water balloons with holes in the bottom. The culprit was a toilet upstairs. It had picked an opportune time to break during the day while no one was home and leak all over. The bathroom upstairs was swimming in a pool of water and leaking through the ceiling.

What a mess!! I am really disheartened about the work that it will take to get this all fixed, but I didn't have to be broken hearted about my pictures.


It is still hard to look at them, all soaked and stuck together, I can't bring myself to throw them away.


But it all could have been so much worse.


Wouldn't I have been so much more upset if I had decided to wait to scan my pictures until today. It would have been a much more tragic story if all those pictures were not backed up on my hard drive. Safe and waiting for the ages.


Now they are ready to put into Heritage Makers Storybooks. How sweet of an ending is that?


Sooo. don't delay!!!

Scan those pictures, back them up.

Upload them to yourHeritage Makers account and then to cd's or external hard drive.

Keep them safe.


This is one of those life lessons.


Don't have your own tragic story, learn from mine, get those pictures scanned!!

Take care, Deb


Coming soon! I have purchased a scanner that will do 30 photos a minute and we will now offer scanning services that will have bulk pricing as low as .19 cents each. Learn from Deb's life lesson, get your photos scanned so you never have to worry about them again.


We will take bookings as soon as the scanner arrives. STAY TUNED!

Barb Ashcroft



No comments: