Qualicum Beach/Parksville/Nanaimo, BC April 8, 2010
- Barb Ashcroft, Vancouver Island’s first Heritage Maker Director of www.RecallWhen.com will be showcasing Family History Projects at the Nanaimo Family History Fair April 17th at Beban Park, from 9 till 6. Admission is free.
- Heritage Makers is a web-based company that believes in the power of strengthening family relationships through storybooks. Heritage Makers’ publishing platform is easy-to-use and simple enough to help anyone make a book—families, photographers, genealogists, creative professionals, artists, writers, or anyone else with a story to tell. With Heritage Makers’ unique online publishing process, peoples stories can be preserved forever in custom hardbound books and related projects.
- Barb has always been interested in the stories featuring her own and other people’s ancestors. When her young grandson asked his great granddad (age 87 shown in photo) what his favourite TV show was when he was a boy she knew that her grandson needed to know more about his ancestors. Barb has now published the history of three legs of her ancestors; plus more than 50 other bound books and projects to build self esteem & connection within her family.
- To ensure that no story is left untold, Barb teaches Life Story Classes as well as drop in workshops. For those who have boxes of photos she offers a very inexpensive scanning service.
- Heritage Makers offers a unique Heirloom Assurance with their products. If anything happens for the life of a project the customer can receive a BRAND new one at ½ price. That way the books, though treasured, can be shared without worry. The project are meant to be shared and enjoyed; not just put away on the shelf and never looked at again.
- Ann Buchanan, local historian and genealogist shares her enthusiasm for this process. “The Heritage Makers web publishing is so much fun and easy! I love the idea that my photos can be stored safely off-site. Recently I went to Mexico with my son and by the time we got home the story of our adventures was published in a book that we both treasured.”
To create one of Heritage Makers storybooks and other products, go to www.heritagemakers.com/173517 to create a free online account. Heritage Makers’ publishing platform runs on a Mac or PC. Heritage Makers enables anyone to preserve family stories, strengthen relationships, and build self-esteem with unique, creative, and personalized heritage-building products.
About the Company
In addition, Heritage Makers offers a unique income-building opportunity for its consultant sales force and anyone interested in binding families together.
Heritage Makers Personal Publishing Director
phone number 250-752-5499 or 1-800-919-1998
website www.RecallWhen.com or www.heritagemakers.com/173517